Original article: https://portalcripto.com.br/en/what-is-civilization-civ-token-investment-fund-defi/ by Tiago Oliveira
Civilization aims to build the world’s first Dex Fund, transforming the way staking and investing is done, with 100% auditable code and eventually automated multi-strategy selection for maximum yield with minimum risk.
What is Civilization (CIV)?
Civilization, also known as Burning Man of Finance, is the world’s first Decentralized Investment Fund. CIV derives from the initials of Community Investment Vehicle: the world’s first hedge fund directly owned and managed by its own investors.
The goal is to generate enough returns to become self-sufficient. The first product, CivTrade already released on app.civfund.org : implements fully decentralized limit trading on DeFi using one-sided liquidity pools on uniswap v3: 0 price impact, 0 slippage, 0 front-running, 0 liquidity ratios, 0 risks . But 100% control over the execution price and 100% liquidity gained while the market trades your position!
Civilization intends to launch CivFarm and CivFund next to make the benefits of Decentralized Finance accessible to everyone.
How Does Civilization (CIV) Work?
The new idea of a Dex Fund is to be community and code based. Different from the traditional fiat money fund, normally based on a trusted and known team with secret/proprietary ideas, personal network, access to money and hierarchical organization.
Quite the contrary, in a Dex Fund: the community drives decision-making, the software code drives investment, and, in general, the system is less reliable, driven not by the curriculum of famous people, but by a set of guiding principles. to performance.
The CIV project token can be used as:
- Investment facilitator on the CIV platform
- Reserve of value, with return on investment paid in CIV
- Hedge against volatility, with 1:1 ETH-CIV staking.
How was the Civilization project (CIV) born?
Civilization was inspired by the vision of the great Ryoshi, who envisioned and demonstrated the power of a fully decentralized community with Shiba. This original experiment evolved into a decentralized community with a clear initial purpose – to disrupt traditional finance and create a source of income for the community that is external to the ecosystem itself.
Civilization started from meeting friends from different backgrounds: community builders, cryptocurrency enthusiasts and traditional managers. Originally it was privately commissioned as a system to generate automated income, but later it turned out that the system was so interesting that the first friends decided to donate it entirely to the community. In this way, it can grow stronger, faster, better – and more sustainable in the long term too. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go along.
Civilization (CIV): Market Expectation
We are in the midst of historic changes in the economic system. Ordinary people using their handheld devices are transforming the role of Central Banks, Hedge Funds and Financial Institutions. Blockchain technology is changing the way we perceive, interact and use money. The world of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) is one of the hottest areas for cryptocurrencies right now, having experienced explosive growth in 2021. But all of this is still accessible only to a few tech-savvy investors.
The Civilization cryptocurrency community, whose members choose to call themselves CIVians, has launched the CIV token to bring the benefits of decentralized finance to everyone. Its new “Decentralized Investment Fund” (DIF) will be the first fully community-led, automated, decentralized fund to allow anyone to make markets and earn fees. The initial trading strategy has already demonstrated an average daily return of 1%, and its goal is to build a technology that generates at least 500% Annual Percentage Returns (APR) over the next twelve months.
CIVs can enjoy significant economic benefits from CIV ownership:
- Investment returns are automatically reinvested to maximum compounding.
- Upon exit, investors receive 80% of the returns plus the initial staked tokens.
- 10% of returns buy CIVs to burn them and the remaining 10% finance execution costs.
All investment activity is fully automated, so CIV works hard while investors reap the rewards without the unnecessary trial and error of ever-evolving markets. Rewards will be tracked through dedicated review pages, updated in real time.
What to expect from a Decentralized Investment Fund?
Decentralized Investment Funds (DIF) bring together three dedicated human communities:
- Traders: researchers who invent, test and specify new strategies
- Developers: Software engineers who code, build and audit strategies
- Marketers: passionate believers who spread the word and attract investors
The aim is to enable everyone in the world, regardless of their current financial situation, to participate in the exciting and profitable world of investing. Previously, investment opportunities were strictly reserved for celebrities or those who already possessed significant wealth. Essentially, “the rich got richer”. But this new type of fund promises to make investing much more inclusive, creating a self-regulating community of marketers, designers, investors and ordinary people who can enter the investing world without prior knowledge and enjoy benefits that were once available only to a select few. .
How can a fully decentralized community be aligned to shared goals?
Getting a decentralized community to play productive roles can sometimes be a challenge. To avoid degenerating into anarchy, all CIVians subscribe to shared core values, which must be rigorously applied on a day-to-day basis:
- Anonymity – but not lack of accountability insofar as it is practically feasible.
- Respect – any idea is welcome as long as it is expressed with mutual respect.
- Focus – with a specific job to do, the CIV must pursue it as best they can.
The Civilization white paper, self-styled CivPaper, describes the broader ethos of the CIVians:
- 100% community focus. The CIV token is community driven, with no blocking or direct personal control by any individual. Initial liquidity has been burned so that no entity has a manager interest or special rights. Token supply cannot be minted or changed anymore. Decisions are made by the community governance DAO. There is no secret marketing budget to generate interest unless it is controlled by the community.
- Easy access for everyone. CIVilization is at the service of as many people as possible in the world. There is no minimum investment of zero. The technical barrier to entry should be low – offering ease of use, a simple interface and intuitive rewards. Anyone should be able to explain CIV to anyone within 5 minutes. The CIV will continue to evolve and constantly improve through community input.
- Target: 500% average return on ETH per year. The CIV token allows access to trading any active and liquid crypto token that has ETH-based stakes and rewards. Any trading opportunity that produces high daily returns can be pursued, anywhere within the ETH ecosystem, generating absolute, market-neutral total returns; for example, DEX Liquidity offers a brilliant area of early opportunity. There can be no guarantee of any specific % return every day, but the average should aim for a return of at least 5x per year.
- Automated Artificial Intelligence. CIV uses smart contracts that implement trades fully autonomously, and no person or entity has special permissions to alter their operation. The investment portfolio must be impenetrable from the outside and untouchable from the inside, thus protecting against all the risks currently faced by most DeFi projects. Auditing and code verification is an integral part of the CIVilization community and ensures the long-term success of the ecosystem.
- Price stability . The CIV token may have initial price swings, but once it reaches a critical mass of community and an established track record of returns, there will be an intrinsic incentive for price stability. If the token’s value drops by half, a return of 10% per week will become 20%, attracting more capital and automatically bringing the price back to its equilibrium.
- Social Mission. CIVilization’s ethos of making financial freedom available to all requires that part of the income be returned for social benefit. A portion of the financial returns will be reserved for the benefit of the less fortunate. CIV will not engage in immoral, illegal or questionable practices like front running, quite the contrary, CIVilization promotes sound investment practices for social benefit.
- Open innovation. CIVilization is based on new negotiation ideas that can be generated at any time, forwarded and evaluated based on systematic performance analyses. Therefore, anyone can have their own projects implemented and attract capital to them, based on automated asset allocation. Lack of funds is not a barrier for brilliant technicians and traders to benefit themselves and society.
CIV launched on July 31, 2021 with exactly 300 million Tokens created in genesis. The token is an audited, non-negotiable contract. 100% of the token supply was committed to a Uniswap v2 liquidity pair, and the liquidity token was immediately burned to avoid risk of hacking or pulling the rug.
What is the difference between buying the token and investing in the fund?
Buying CIV is similar to buying traditional shares of traditional investment funds: it has an extremely attractive return profile, but different from investing in the underlying fund; significantly more potential for price increase, but also more potential for price volatility.
Civilization Price Forecast (CIV)?
The price of Civilization is predicted to peak at $0.4860 throughout 2022.
As early as 2023 according to our crypto price prediction index, Civilization (CIV) may reach a maximum level of $0.935, with the average trading price of $0.695.
In 2025 according to our crypto price prediction index, CIV is expected to cross an average price level of $1.127. The minimum expected value of the Civilization price at the end of the current year should be $1.041. Furthermore, CIV can reach a maximum price level of $1.149.
Where to buy CIV token?
CIV cryptocurrency can be traded on the following exchanges:
- Uniswap (V3)
- Uniswap (V2)
- Global ProBit
The launch of this first automated investment fund could have repercussions across the wider investment world. From there, the developers plan a v2 to introduce multi-strategy capability and expansion for off-chain investment ideas, followed by the launch of a governance/benefits rewards token which, unlike CIV, can be minted proportionately to time and value bet.